Assignments following Class #1:
1. Post my website in your favorites. Subscribe to follow, so you get e-mail notifications when I post. Follow me on Twitter (@JoeCostal ). We will have a Twitter project on-going through the school year, so if you are not signed up, please do so. See me with concerns,
2. Download and thoroughly read your syllabus. This is an extremely important document. Read it, but like, for real.
3. Complete this questionnaire. Record your answers on a separate sheet of paper (typed or handwritten is fine), and make sure you bring your answers to class with you on Monday.
- Many of you are probably familiar with the Purdue OWL, we will use this site this year to get resources and keep costs down. Whether or not you have ever used the site, there is a new intro to read — here. Read the Purdue OWL’s guide to writing narratives. I will take questions on this Monday.
2. Chapter One of Shoeless Joe by WP Kinsella Be prepared to discuss (quiz).
3. Peruse this Glossary of Grammatical Usage provided by the good people of Hunter College in NYC.
***Please NOTE: This work should be completed for class. The assignments posted on the blog will always be due AFTER the class meeting. In other words, the blog is meant as a companion of the course lecture/discussion/activities. All assignments, unless otherwise noted, are due at the subsequent class.