“Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to invite to the party…Mom, I am the party, only I’m a party I don’t want to be at.” – Sabrina Benaim
BEFORE YOU COME TO CLASS:
- FE #1 is hand-in READY!
- Make sure a link to your blog was shared with me.
- Make sure you have a copy of The Atlantic article from Wednesday night’s class.
- Loose ends from last class: A. video B. read narrative together
- Reading Audit/Reading Lecture Part 1
- The Atlantic article & associated media
- I have some media to show you about phones and current personal technology. Watch them, but more importantly, PRACTICE ANNOTATING THEM! Annotations will be reviewed, discussed & graded.
2. Blog Post Assignment #3: AMAZING HOUR: Try amazing hour for this week. See what it stimulates in your brain (I am going to try it as well). Then, write an entry about it in your blog and tell me all about what it did (or didn’t do) for you. This blog will not be graded Monday, but I’d love to have a conversation about AMAZING HOUR NEXT Monday.
3. Read and annotate this story, “All Summer in a Day” by Ray Bradbury.