“You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it.
That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence.”
― Octavia E. Butler
BEFORE YOU COME TO CLASS:
- TONIGHT’S CLASS WILL BE HELD in D27 computer lab
- FE #1.1 is hand-in READY!
- Make sure you have at least read “How to Mark a Book” & The Atlantic article which Blog Post #2 will be based. It’s ok if you have not written the blog post, yet.
- Review “How to Mark a Book” (The Thanksgiving Story)
- The Atlantic article & review associated media
- 6:30pm: WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Take this personality test. Have the results e-mailed to yourself, then forward that e-mail to me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your blog on Google’s Blogger. Use the very explicit directions provided here. Name the blog “LastnameStocktonWriting.blogspot.com”
- Upload (you can just cut and paste them from Google) your blog post #1 & blog post #2)
- Pick ANYBODY in class EXCEPT the person you worked with on the Questionnaire Project. Simply read your narrative aloud, slowly and carefully to your partner (you may leave the lab and find a quiet corner in which to accomplish this task). Make edits to your narrative using a hard copy and a pen/pencil (you may print a copy in this lab). Come back to the lab when done and make the appropriate edits to your narrative. Narrative edits will close at 8pm tonight. No more editing as of that time, please.
- I have some media to show you about phones and current personal technology. Watch them, but more importantly, PRACTICE ANNOTATING THEM! Annotations will be reviewed, discussed & graded.
Does this disturb you as much as it disturbs me?
2. Blog Post Assignment #3: AMAZING HOUR: Try amazing hour for this week. See what it stimulates in your brain (I am going to try it as well). Then, write an entry about it in your blog and tell me all about what it did (or didn’t do) for you. This blog will not be graded Monday, but I’d love to have a conversation about AMAZING HOUR NEXT Monday.
3. Read and annotate this story, “All Summer in a Day” by Ray Bradbury.