- Be prepared for quiz on parallel construction.
- Make sure you completed Blog #6 assignment on research questions.
- Please do not forget to watch the videos posted on Class #9 blog.
- Read Costal’s story. Ask questions for Q&A.
- Costal’s Story Q&A
- Presentation: Taking Your Research Question to Thesis
- Family Challenge — Credibility
- Family Quiz – Parallelism
- Begin reading “This is Water”
How to Evaluate a Document for Quality: OFCARL
- Are opinions adequately supported? Choose one opinion and show how the author supports it.
- Are facts verifiable? Give one example of a fact in the article of a verified fact.
- Is material out dated? If so, provide an example.
- Is the author credible? How do you know?
- Are sources cited? If so, what are they?
- Is the reasoning logical? Is it free of fallacy?
ASSIGNMENTS:IN-CLASS: Family Credibility Challenge:
This paper must include an APA works cited page AND parenthetical documentation.
Do not simply CITE, also please ATTRIBUTE your writing. Samples of all of these concepts are available:
Plus, OWL created this handy guide. To make life easier, here are the blog posts you should have done so far…. Blog Post #1: Kevin Hart & The Oscars (Class #3) Blog Post: #2: Have Cell Phones Destroyed a Generation? (Class #4) Blog Post #3: Amazing Hour (Class #5) Blog Post #4: Visual Rhetoric (music videos) (Class #8) Blog Post #5: State of the Union (Opinion & Fact) (Class #8) Blog Post #6: Research Questions to Search Phrases (Class #9)