Class tonight will meet in F222. Time will be given to prepare family presentations on the questions you chose Wednesday. We will convene at 6pm then set a time to reconvene.
CLASS AGENDA: Class tonight will be devoted to giving each family time to prep their presentations (order of presentations on Wednesday: question 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 2)
Family Presentation Rubric: EACH FAMILY WILL COMPLETELY ANSWER THEIR GIVEN QUESTION USING THE FOLLOWING:
- explanation of the concept that anchors your question:
- Horizon of expectation
- exemplary moment
- “What the Hell is Water” anecdote
- Religious vs. atheist anecdote
- “reduction of arrogance” concept
- “meaning from experience” concept
2. Each concept will be explained by at least one member of the family using some type of visual aid (Power Point, Google slides, etc)
3. Each remaining member of the family will introduce one piece of textual evidence that bolsters or explains or verifies or challenges the anchor statement. Member of family will include the textual reference in the visual (and cite it appropriately). Said member will explain the connection This step repeats for each family member present.
4. The family as a whole will provide brief summation. THE SO WHAT STATEMENT (in other words, how does all this evidence come together to create a cohesive commentary or perspective on the piece?) This portion will contain AT LEAST ONE additional piece of credible research. Presented in the visual, cited and shared with the class. This evidence should succeed in helping the family draw an overall, summarizing conclusion to the presentation.
Blog #8: Rhetoric, The President & The Mueller Report
So…yeah…this is a Rhetoric class, and this rhetorical crap show needs addressing. Attached is the official summary of the report. Then, there’s the President’s response.
I don’t need you to write anything about it, yet. But read and annotate the report itself, then consider the President’s response in light of what you have gleaned from the report.