BEFORE YOU COME TO CLASS:
- Be sure to have a print out of the article you used for Blog Post #1.
- Qualifying Quiz on Grammar
- Narratives / Blog Questions
- Meet Your Families (Start-Up Time & first assignments)
- Family Fun #1
- Family Fun #2
- Family Challenge #1 & #2
- SHOW ME! Tell a single story. Many of you are JUST DESCRIBING CRAP…mostly your feelings. Or you are telling me ALL about something. One, expanded example is how good narratives work.
- Be concrete…the vagueness game
- Watch tense shifts in verbs. Be aware and read it aloud.
- Avoid the “and then” … “and then” syndrome
- Passive/active voice
student work examples.
Read “The Money” by Junot Diaz, originally published in The New Yorker. Be prepared to discuss.