BEFORE YOU ENTER CLASS:
- Remember that class moved: D18
- Print FE #2.
- Family Challenges: Backwards Edit, Source Credibility Family Check, Usage Quiz
SOURCE CREDIBILITY ASSIGNMENT
- As a family, you will do the following:
- Open a Google doc and share it with one another and me (email@example.com)
- Title the Google Doc: Family Name Source Credibility 2/19/18
- As a family, review each of the articles used for FE #2
- Using Purdue Owl as a reference, provide an APA citation for one of the articles contributed by each member of your family
- Choose the article among the four that evinces the best, most credible information
- Beneath that article’s citation, explain (in at least five sentences) how you arrived at that conclusion
FE #2 edits due by Wednesday’s class. Please have the hard copy of tonight’s edit to hand in that evening. BE SURE that your editor’s name appears on the top so that you BOTH get credit.
Blog Post #5:
Watch the videos included below from Cage the Elephant & Modest Mouse (respectively). See how the videos’ directors (Issac Rentz & Chris Milk) uses visual language to communicate theme. In many ways, “visual rhetoric” works the same as “compositional rhetoric.”
Choose one of the two videos to work with. Or, choose a common element found in each and consider both as comparison/contrast.
First, begin by analyzing the theme or central idea of the piece. How is this communicated in both broad and subtle ways? How, specifically, is metaphor used? How do the visuals work with the song itself (lyrics available online). Consider an “exemplary moment” and “horizon of expectation.”
Use direct reference to either the song or visuals in the video. APA citations for the videos are provided for you below the videos. No other sources are required for this assignment, but if you are welcome to use one, just would like to use one, be sure to cite and attribute.
Rentz, Issac. [CageTheElephantVEVO]. (2011, January 20). Shake Me Down. [Video File]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/v27TRan1SBI
Milk, Chris. [ModestMouseVEVO]. (2009, October 3). Ocean Breathes Salty. [Video File]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/TPhnOKmhbBw