Make sure FE #2.1 submitted, hard copy of edit sheets as well
- Review Usage Quiz
- Difficult Reading
- Lecture: Fact vs. Opinion / Evaluating Quality of Sources / Source Cred Assignment
How to Evaluate a Document for Quality:
- Are opinions adequately supported? Choose one opinion and show how the author supports it.
- Are facts verifiable? Give one example of a fact in the article of a verified fact.
- Is material out dated? If so, provide an example.
- Is the author credible? How do you know?
- Are sources cited? If so, what are they?
- Is the reasoning logical? Is it free of fallacy?
- Get with your family, using the criteria established and discussed today in class, look at the source you chose and see if it holds up. Be prepared to present a chart examining the credibility as presented in class.
- Watch this. Annotate, be prepared to discuss on Wednesday.