Learn about some highlights from Joe’s 20+ years in education…
- Joe leads at Oakcrest High School in the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District and on the General Studies & Education faculties at Stockton University.
- Joe has an excellent “Rate My Professor” rating
- He received a commendation from the NJDOE for his work creating, executing and promoting diverse curricular that captures “the immigrant experience.” Here is a Classroom Close-Up profile on one such curriculum, which Joe co-wrote with the New Jersey Italian Heritage Commission. Here is Joe presenting his curriculum to the NJDOE at Stockton University. He also presented it to the Consulate General of Italy and Italian ambassadors and dignitaries in Philadelphia.
- This past year, Joe conceptualized, planned, co-wrote all curricula and executed a Digital Communications Magnet Program in conjunction with Stockton University. He not only co-wrote the syllabi for the dual-credit programs with Stockton, as a faculty member with a master’s degree in Strategic Communications, he also oversees the program from the university’s perspective.
- When challenged to come up with a marketing tool for his district that delved a bit deeper than just social media, Joe created a podcast! Listen here!
- He invented one of South Jersey’s most celebrated summer traditions…The Welcome Wagon
- Following the publishing of a book he co-wrote on the importance of self-awareness in leadership (still an ATD best-seller), Joe wrote the curriculum for the foundational course in organizational development and leadership M.A. program at St. Joseph’s University. He taught the course for three years.
- Joe LOVES writing motivational songs and parodies to rile up his school…here is a song he wrote and a video he directed to motivate students on the (now defunct) PARCC exam. No, he is NOT singing.
- He is originally a student life guy, so he LOVES motivating his schools to do large-scale events and creative challenges, such as the Oakcrest Mannequin Challenge as just one example.
- Here is a copy of Joe’s CV & references.
Click to read Joe’s latest short fiction, including his Pushcart nominated story.
Joe’s memoir in verse will be including in the forthcoming issue of The McNeese Review
readings & workshops
Learn writing craft from Joe or see him read his work.